When you receive an inbound call the way it rings to your agents can be selected in your Agent Group Settings. You must follow these steps:
- Go to your Agent Groups option.
- Select the Agent group you want to configure and click on the Edit icon.
- Select the Ring Strategy option and there you will find several options. Choose the one that better suits your needs.
- Click on Save Changes
About the Ring Strategies
These are the strategies available. For all the strategies except Ring All, you can configure the Max ringing time per agent (in seconds) when this time is met the call will ring to the next agent.
- Ring All: This is the default ring strategy and will ring to all agents available at the same time.
- Random: This will ring any agent on the group selected randomly. The random function uses uniform distribution, so every agent has the same probability to receive a call.
- Round Robin with Memory: This will ring using a round-robin strategy and it will remember the last agent who picks up the call, and the next call will go to the following agent in the round. The order is defined by the weight value assigned to each agent. The higher the weight (1-100) the higher the priority to first ring the call for that agent.
- Round Robin: This will ring every agent starting always in the same sequence, going from the available agent with the higher weight to the next one. The order is defined by the weight value assigned to each agent. The higher the weight (1-100) the higher the priority to first ring the call for that agent.
About round order and Ring Timeout for Round Robin strategies:
- When all agents' weights are the same, the round order is defined by the date the agent was included in the group. You can see the order on the ring strategy edit page.
- If weights are set up, the bigger weights will receive the call first.
- The timeout parameter defines how much time a call will ring to an agent before jumping to the next one on the round.
- The Maximum Ringing Time per Agent will ignore the Maximum Ringing Time set in the IVR related to this group.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or start a chat from our website.