Toky uses the concept of agent to refer to any person inside your business/organization you want to receive calls. You and your employees are examples of agents.
Even though we define an agent as a person authorized to receive calls, you don't necessarily need to be answering calls to be considered as it. Having access to the Dashboard makes you an agent too, and this definition is equally valid as the latter.
As the name implies, is an agents group created to be able to handle them as a unit. Examples of groups could be:
- Sales Team
- Support Team
- Dev Team
They exist for the purpose of keeping everything clean since it's much easier to manage groups than to manage individuals.
In the sidebar of the Dashboard, go to the Agents Menu, and click on Add Agent.
A configuration form will show for you to fill the required data.
- Profile Pic: Change your displayed profile picture.
- Full Name: Name displayed in the Toky platform.
- Email: Email used for notifications and log in.
- Extension: A number the customer can dial after the greeting to call the agent directly.
- Personal Phone Number: This phone number is used when you enable call forwarding.
- Personal Call Link: is a direct line to the agent. It can be interpreted as the equivalent of an extension in a regular PBX, but with a link instead of a number.
- Role: Define the permissions this agent will have in Toky's platform.
- Basic. A Basic agent is only able to answer calls and see the call history. No administrative task privileges.
- Administrator. An Administrator can do almost everything in the system: add users, numbers, greetings, etc. The only thing that is restricted from him/her is the ability to make payments and see the billing information. This is the sole privilege of the agent that created the account.
- Personal call link: is a direct line to the agent. It can be interpreted as the equivalent of an extension in a regular PBX, but with a link instead of a number.
Select the agent groups the agent belongs to. The agent must belong to, at least, one group.
Agent Office Hours
Here you can define the days and hours the agent will be available to answer calls in the selected timezone. These settings can be configured later by the agent itself through the My account option.
- Settings: Restrict calls to only agents calls or enable outbound call recordings if you are an admin.
- Permissions: Allow agents to pause and unpause call recordings. Only for admins.
- Call monitoring: Set configurations for call monitoring. Only for super admins.
- Forward calls to my personal phone number: Define when to enable call forwarding to the phone number configured in your Public Profile.
- Custom Voicemail Message: Set your personalized voicemail greeting.
- Voicemail drop: Configure pre-recorded messages you can use when you are sent to voicemail to outbound calls.
Enable or disable notifications for several events in the Toky apps.
You can use this setting to enable or disable the Extended Agents Dashboard. It's only available for admins and when you have more than 3 agents.
After you finished filling up the required information, Save Changes and a confirmation email will be sent to the agent to enable the account.
In case the email you entered didn't arrive, please check if you typed it right.
If you did type it wrong, delete the agent and restart the process, if not, try resending it.
Once the email is confirmed, the agent can start to receive calls immediately.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org